Finance & Administrative Manager
Job no: 496735
Position type: Regular Full-Time
School/Unit: Finance & Administration
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks Finance & Administrative Manager (FAM) to be based in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The Finance & Administrative Manager will provide day-to day routine operational support and oversight management of all operations of ICAP country office in Georgia, as well as ensuring that the existing operational practices and procedures are in line with the ICAP and donor finance and administrative requirements, as well as national requirements and laws.
ICAP seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates to fill the Finance & Administrative Manager position by November 1, 2022. The successful candidate will hold a university level degree in accounting or finance. Master’s Degree in a relevant field and/or professional Certificates will be an asset.
The incumbent will have at least three years of full-time accounting or financial management experience, which includes budgeting and supervision of staff. Experience in developing and implementing operating procedures for donor-funded, especially USG-funded activities, including those related to HR, travel, procurement, and financial management is desired.
The Finance & Administrative Manager will be responsible for overall operations within the country, including, but not limited to:
- Development, oversight and implementation of financial and administrative procedures such as: payroll, bookkeeping, budget and cost control, personnel policies, accounting functions, procurement procedures, contracts, inventory management and control procedures, security of facilities, financial reporting, strategic planning, developing the office business plan;
- Monitoring of actual cost and recoveries versus budgeted cost and recoveries of the projects and prepares monthly reports for submittal to the regional office and HQ;
- Development of comprehensive monthly reconciliation reports and submits them to the relevant Senior staff for verifications and approvals. Prepares cash and wire requests;
- Ensuring correct and timely calculation of monthly payroll packages by local accountants, and verification of payroll information provided by the Global Payroll Company;
- Ensuring that taxes and other payments are made in a timely manner to all government agencies;
- Responsible for verification of bank payment orders, bank administrative messages, exchange forms and transfer in on-line system;
- Overseeing and leading vendor management procedures;
- Ensuring timely internal review and clearance of all financial documentation and reporting associated with sub-recipients.
- Ensuring that all vendor management processes, and documentation are in line with ICAP and local law requirements;
- Supervising Administrative Specialist;
- Performing other duties as necessary to ensure effective project operations and assigned by the direct supervisors.
The detailed job description of this position can be found here: FAM GEO JD.pdf
The successful candidates will have knowledge of USG administrative and finance requirements. Knowledge of HSS requirements will be an asset. The candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge and proven experience using 1C Accounting and Quick Books software programs as well as knowledge of national rules and regulations related to operations (HR, financial management, travel, etc).
The incumbent will have clear and effective communication and good interpersonal and team-building skills as well as understanding of and sound professional judgement in differentiating the different compliance approaches needed. Attention to details and ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines is essential.
Candidates should be fluent in both English and Georgian.
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Advertised: Georgian Standard Time